Are Two-Way Radios a secure mode of communication?
From hospitals to the military, every organisation has been dependent on a two-way radio for communication. But does walkie talkies ensure the privacy of your conversations?
Being in a situation where you are incharge of very sensitive information, you need to be sure that your information is not getting leaked as it may lead to some very serious damage.
If you are looking to develop secure communication in your organization or with your employees, commercial walkie talkies are the best choice for you.
Why are business two-way radios safe?
While using a business walkie talkie you get two major benefits which are not available in a basic walkie-talkie:
1. They have a system to digitally encrypt your data.
2. You can programme them to be used for your designated business band channels.
With the use of data encryption and a secure channel, you can safely and privately communicate in your organization without any interference from any in-range radios.
You can also take these steps to secure your two-way radios and keep any unwanted listeners away:
- Create a Privacy Code: The vertel walkie talkies comes with CTCSS (Continuous Tone Coded Squelch System) or CDCSS (Continuous Digital Coded Squelch System) which gives you an opportunity to set up a privacy code which will help you to set up a secure channel.
- Learn Morse Code: The morse language has been in use for decades, and the best part is that it is very easy to use on a two-way radio. In this language, you can communicate with a series of beeps with the push of a button.
- Use a Headset: By making use of an earpiece or headset which connects to your professional walkie talkie you can communicate privately without people in your surrounding, listening to your conversation.
In case security is not a factor while you use your two-way radio like while riding, on a road trip or for construction workers, you can choose a regular walkie-talkie.
Walkies-Talkies are one of the best tools for establishing a secure and smooth communication across your organisation. Apart from security there a number of benefits which a two-way radio will offer you:
- Access to a Cost-Effective Communication: While choosing a mode of communication, especially for an organisation, the cost of operation is a leading factor, and opting for a wireless walkie talkie is cheaper than any other mode of communication.
- Instant Connection: Two-Way radios help you to connect to your employees instantly. In a situation of emergency an instant connection across the organisation is of great significance.
Now, if you are looking to choose from the best walkie-talkie brand, we would suggest you to have a look at our wide range of VHF, UHF, short range and long range walkie talkies. Vertel offers you exceptional products and services to assure a seamless experience to our clients.